Mentionology’s Terms of Service
Welcome to Mentionology.com. Mentionology.com is a marketplace platform for services performed by its users (referred as Freelancer or Service Provider).
The following terms and conditions (these “Terms of Service”) govern your access to and use of the Mentionology website, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through www.mentionology.com (the “Site”), by Mentionology Digital (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India), as applicable.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Mentionology services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support is available from working Monday to Friday [ 10 am to 5 pm +5.30 GMT] if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by mailing at:email@example.com
- Only approved registered users may buy and sell on Mentionology. Registration is free as of 2nd Feb 2017.
- Prices displayed at product page is set and offered by freelancer.
- Prices displayed at product page consist of mentionology service fee.
- Orders are placed through the cart button found on a Freelancer’s product page.
- Freelancer must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect Freelancer’s reputation and status.
- Freelancer or Client may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Mentionology.com
- Clients are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Freelancer on their Product page.
- Mentionology retains the right to use all published or delivered works for Mentionology marketing and promotion purposes.
- Freelancers create the shop on Mentionology ( subject to approval) and Mentionology allows clients to purchase their services.
- Freelancers may also offer Custom Offers to clients in addition to their shop product.
- Each order you sell and successfully complete accredits your account with a net revenue of 80% of the purchase amount.
- Mentionology accredits Freelancers once an order is completed. See our “Orders” section below for a definition of a completed order.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the clients’s.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete. Top Rated Freelancers are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the client has approved it for withdrawal.
- Freelancers may not promote their services or any Mentionology content via the paid medium such as AdWords platform.
- Freelancers may withdraw their revenues using one of withdrawal method – Paypal or NEFT
- For security concerns, Mentionology may temporarily disable a Freelancer’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by Clients, or associating multiple Mentionology accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
Services on Mentionology are delivered Digitally (guest post, content draft or link). For these types of services, Freelancer may decide to add extra charges ( prior informed ).
Mentionology does not handle or guarantee quality, and condition of submitted digital context or their execution and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or other problems resulting from this. We just act an escrow medium between Client and Freelancer.
Withdrawing Revenues [Freelancer]:
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of Mentionology’s withdrawal methods.
- We only offer 2 types of Withdrawal Method – PayPal and NEFT ( for Indians )
- Your Mentionology profile can be associated with only one account from each Mentionology withdrawal methods.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the client has approved it for withdrawal. Top Rated Freelancer are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the client has approved it for withdrawal.
- To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method. For Paypal, flat $20 will be charged for processing while for NEFT, 5% of withdrawal amount will be charged.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to refund or change this process once it has begun.
- You may not offer direct payments to Freelancers using payment systems outside of the Mentionology Order system.
- Mentionology retains the right to use all publically published delivered works for Mentionology marketing and promotional purposes.
- Clients pay Mentionology to create an order from a Freelancer’s Shop using the “Add to Cart” button.
- You may not offer Freelancers to pay or make payment using any method other than through the Mentionology.com site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to us.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique order number (#ON).
- Freelancers must deliver completed work according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their shop.
- An order is marked as complete after the client has given acknowledgement on mail to us. An order will be automatically marked as complete if the client does not acknowledge the work within 3 days and no request for modification was submitted.
- We encourage our Clients and Freelancers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Mentionology’s Customer Support department for assistance here.
- When a client orders a service, the freelancer is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Freelancers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their service in shop. Failing to do so will allow the client to cancel the order when delivery time exceeds.
- Freelancer must send completed work to client in proper format.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Mentionology will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- A Freelancer may cancel an order without the client’s consent at any given moment (Force Cancellation). However, this will have a negative effect on the freelancer’s status.
- Client may ask for revision until the pre-set conditions of service are met or if the delivered materials do not match the Freelancer’s description on their service page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Freelancer at the beginning of the order process.
- Feedback reviews provided by Clients while completing an order are an essential part of Mentionology rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Clients’s overall experience with the Freelancers and their service. Clients are encouraged to communicate to the Freelancer any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Client.
- Leaving a Client’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Client. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through our platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance freelancer ratings, or to abuse the Mentionology platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by Clients are publicly displayed on a Freelancer’s Service page. Client have the option not to include a comment, but still rate the service. Cancellation of an order does not remove feedback unless mutually agreed..
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the shop’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
- Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the Client has 7 days to respond and post a review. If no response is provided within the response period, the order will be considered completed.
- Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 10 days after an order is complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 10 days.
- Freelancers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their clients through mutual cancellations.
DISPUTES & CANCELLATION:
We encourage our Clients and Freelancers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves.
- Order cancellations can be performed on Mentionology, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution as per admin.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation to these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily disabled to investigate possible security violations. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event that a Client or Freelancer encounters an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to contact us to attempt to resolve the matter.
- Mentionology reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the client shall be subject to full payment for the service and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to client within 3 days.
- Revisions to deliveries can be performed by freelancers based on the freelancer’s shop and customer care. Freelancers may determine the amount of revisions offered to Clients, including no revisions.
- Requesting to gain more services from Freelancers beyond the agreed requirements is not allowed.
- Mentionology encourages Clients and Freelancers to resolve service disputes mutually.
- Eligibility for requests to Mentionology to cancel an order will be assessed by us based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Mentionology delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
- Completed orders once approved by client cannot be cancelled or eligible for refund in any circumstances.
- Any non-permitted usage of Mentionology encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by us, may result in the order being cancelled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations to Mentionology’s Terms of Service.
- Once work is delivered by freelancer and approved by client as complete, funds will be released to the freelancer upon his/her withdrawal request. And any dispute thereafter will not be entertained in any circumstances.
- Mentionology refund payments made for cancelled orders back to clients payment provider within 7 days. Funds returned to client from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.
- If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will not be refunded along with your deposit.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account losing Freelancer statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language – Communication on Mentionology should be friendly, constructive, and professional. Mentionology condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – Mentionology takes the matter its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the order page. Freelancers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the Client, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Client. Any users who engage and communicate off of Mentionology will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use Mentionology for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Mentionology community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to Mentionology’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on Mentionology. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell Mentionology accounts.
- Mentionology reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these terms of service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of Mentionology’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Mentionology.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Freelancers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Mentionology’s approval.
- Disputes should be handled using Mentionology’s dispute resolution tools (‘Resolution Center’ on the order page) or by contacting Mentionology Customer Support.
- Mentionology may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, Mentionology will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Mentionology after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Mentionology will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER Mentionology NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH Mentionology MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL Mentionology, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.